Monday, October 18, 2010

MGRP and doughnuts

You know part of the reason that I am seeking the reading certificate also is because through my courses I have discovered that my experiences with words and reading and writing are not the same as everyone elses and that I am in a way lucky. I don't ever remember not being able to read. And by read I mean see a movie play out as I read the text, not just understand the words. Reading for me has always been an enjoyable activity, like others go to the movies or watch TV, I read-like a fiend! I believe that my strong reading skills have allowed me to love research also. I have always loved research papers! Once upon a time I volunteered for the IUN newspaper (for fun???). I have always enjoyed the challenge of taking a one dimensional topic and creating a multi dimensional paper. I am so excited to learn about how to teach others how to do this!!!! And with the addition of multigenre we can also tap into everyones strengths and passions too, it's soooo exciting!
Love the idea of the Process Journals! Think that it will allow us to share the journey with our students in a more authentic way, not just give a grade for a final product. much like what we have been learning in Math it will allow us to give credit for all of the effort too and not just the "right/final answer".
Love the idea of doing a project with the class. What better way to demonstrate that what we are doing have relevance and that the skills that we use will continue to develop over our lifetimes.
I was reminded of our trip to the local library and how they are willing to help our classes and students (and ourselves) create meaningful library research experiences with us, if we just give them a little notice.
I am soooo going to have a donut shop in my class!!!! My head is just racing with possibilities and ideas!!! I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment